Medway Education Business Partnership/Kent County Council
The Kent Choices Local events, which take place across the county, provides employers with the opportunity to advertise their company to other businesses and local schools, meet potential future employees and network with colleagues. The Maidstone Choices is one of four highly successful events taking place in Kent this year and will be held on 8 December at Maidstone Market Hall.
The event will showcase a range of employers, local colleges and training providers, to help students explore their options. The focus will be providing information and support to make a successful transition into post 16 learning, with the potential for employers to sign up young people to training courses or apprenticeships.
Students will be prepared in school by careers guidance teachers, and will be provided with information on the stand holders’ organisations. so that they are prepared to ask the right questions on the day.
Who is it For?
The first session is for vulnerable students; those with special educational, behavioral or emotional needs. They will be provided with a contact card, which we will ask stand holders to stamp.
The next three sessions will be students year 10 and above, of all abilities, who would like to see a wide range of options. Over 1,000 students are expected at the event.
All schools in Maidstone, Malling and Tonbridge
Set up: From 08.00 Session 3: 11.45 – 13.00
Session 1: 09.15 – 10.30 Lunch: 13.00 – 13.30
Session 2: 10.30 – 11.45 Session 4: 13.30 – 14.45
- The Stand Holders will comprise employers, training providers and further/higher education providers. They will be situated in three distinct areas of the hall, details of which will be provided to the students.
- Each stand holder will be asked to provide up to 20 words to describe their organisations – plus online links to their training.courses/jobs – to be included in a leaflet to the schools for students’ preparation
- There is a £50 charge for training providers and F/HE providers. There is no charge for employers, but a voluntary contribution of £50 will be welcomed.
- Ample room is available in the hall for equipment and displays. There is also plenty of electrical plug points and WiFi access.
- Refreshments will be available all day and lunch will be provided on presentation of a lunch voucher which will be issued to all stand holders once they have booked online.
For further details please contact Toni Clarke on 01634 204995 or email firstname.lastname@example.org